Your cart is currently empty!
Juliette Aristides | Figure Drawing Workshop
August 12, 2022
REAL Academy of Art Colorado
Register for this 2-day figure drawing course with Juliette Aristides.
The class will meet at the REAL Academy of Art on Friday, August 12th and Saturday, August 13th from 9am to 4pm. Fee includes a copy of her book Figure Drawing Atelier An Instructional Sketchbook.
About Juliette Aristides
Juliette Aristides is a renowned artist who seeks to understand and convey the human spirit through art. She has exhibited nationally in ten solo shows and authored six best-selling books including Beginning Drawing Atelier and Lessons in Classical Painting. Aristides founded the Atelier programs at Gage Academy of Art. She is the Director of the Aristides Atelier for over two decades whose achievements have been recognized in four consecutive exhibitions at the Maryhill Museum of Art. A Teaching Fellow at the Florence Academy of Art MA Program. The artwork and writing of Juliette Aristides has been featured in prominent national magazines and she is the recipient of an Elizabeth Greenshields grant and is an Art Renewal Center “Living Master.”
You can draw either in pencils or charcoal for this class:
– 2H-3B Graphite Pencils
– Soft & Medium Nitram Brand Charcoal or Hard and Medium Vine Charcoal
– 220 Grit Sandpaper
– Pencil sharpener or Snap Blade
– 220 Grit Sandpaper to Sharpen
– Kneaded Eraser
– Strathmore 400 Drawing Paper for Everyday Drawing or Equivalent*
– Wooden Skewer or Thin Knitting Needle for Measuring
– Black Sewing Thread to Make a Plumb Line
– 19″ x 25″ Drawing Board with either 1/4″ thick masonite or 1/2″ thick foam core
– Artist or Painter’s Tape
*Another choice is Strathmore Artagain for a smoother surface for graphite pencil